Yes, Lord

July 21

The Lord is fine tuning me and it has been a difficult process. Just yesterday I failed the same test twice. Make it Home Before Dark is the book I am studying right now by Crawford Loritts on God's call to holiness in our walk with him. Repentance is the key ingredient in this process. Whew, thank the Lord, because I seem to miss the mark everyday. Loritts states, "...a Christian's journey to wholeness takes a lifetime to complete." I often feel I will not get the reward of heaven until some major improvements are made here on earth and I pass a couple specific tests.
Last night I dreamed I had decided to go back and finish the requirements for my pilot's license which I began working towards in my twenties. (Believe me, that is not on the radar of priorities right now.) Anyway in the dream I am riding with the instructor, who actually was my boss when I worked for hospice, and another student. (For the full picture, Moses was in the plane with me.) The girl flying lost control of the plane and we began to nosedive into a residential area in the Roanoke Valley. In the dream, I am elated and saying, "Jesus I am so ready!" Oh, well. We all survive. So back to the whole holiness process!

David was an awesome repenter and a man after God's heart. Listen to David in Psalm 51:1, 6, 17

Be gracious to me, O God, according to Your lovingkindness;
According to the greatness of Your compassion blot out my transgressions...
Behold, You desire truth in the innermost being,
And in the hidden part You will make me know wisdom...
The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit;
A broken and a contrite heart, O God, You will not despise
.

Loritts says, "He(David) recognized that brokenness and repentance were the keys that opened the possibility of restoration-and that a forthright acknowledgment of his sin was the beginning of the entire process. Not so with Saul. He was the master manipulator. His legendary ability to twist the facts finally was his undoing. He would not sincerely repent of his sin. He seemed to be constantly looking for ways to justify or his disobedience. Saul's stature as the king of Israel stood in the way of an honest, transparent walk with God...he was more concerned about the favor and opinions of man than he was about the approval of God. Because he would not genuinely repent, he never experienced the forgiveness of God."

Our joy comes when we lay it all down at the foot of the cross and say "Yes, Lord" to whatever his will is for us.

Song: Yes, Lord

I'm trading my sorrow
I'm trading my shame
I'm laying it down for the joy of the Lord

I'm trading my sickness
I'm trading my pain
I'm laying it down for the joy of the Lord

Chorus:
And we say yes Lord yes Lord yes yes Lord
Yes Lord yes Lord yes yes Lord
Yes Lord yes Lord yes yes Lord Amen

I'm pressed but not crushed persecuted not abandoned
Struck down but not destroyed
I'm blessed beyond the curse for his promise will endure
And his joy's gonna be my strength

Though the sorrow may last for the night
His joy comes with the morning

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?