Sow and So

August 4
The other day I came across a message on "Sowing in the Spirit". I turned it into a spiritual exercise. Now I cannot find the source of this message...maybe it was the Spirit himself! :)
The process may make no sense to you, but it was very fruitful for me.

Therefore, stay faithful as you sow to please the Spirit:

Sow seeds of forgiveness…

(I listed people I need to forgive)

and receive a harvest of intimacy;

Sow seeds of acceptance…

(I listed people, groups, I need to accept and even took a challenge to invite some of them to my home)

and receive a harvest of friendship;

Sow seeds of prayer…

(I covenanted to pray more on my knees and immediately when someone requests prayer.)

and receive a harvest of faith;

Sow seeds of generosity…

(This was very interesting. I've shared about the boats coming, almost daily now, and docking by our dock and ruffling my feathers. Instead of feeling invaded, God is challenging me to offer them the beach area, floats, lake toys, etc. He place on my heart in a study on Timothy our call to be kind to widows. I'd love to hear how He leads you. Sunday,right after church he had me invite the people to stay for lunch. I had no clue what I was going to serve, but it turned out to be a delightful time and brought an abundance of joy to my day.)

and receive a harvest of abundance;

Sow seeds of abstinence…

(This list will be very different for all of us..TV, gossip, certain foods, a negative spirit, are some things that flanked my list.)

and receive a harvest of purity;

Sow seeds of faithfulness…

(Faithful to spend time in His presence, to meditate on the word, to immediate obedience when He calls us to action, to our spouse, to our prayer partners, to pursue holiness...)

and receive a harvest of eternal rewards.

Spiritual sowing and reaping builds moral muscle.

Strong are the saints who are faithful—while waiting on the harvest.

"I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God has been making it grow” 1 Corinthians 3:6

Even as I have seen, those who plow iniquity and sow trouble reap the same. Job 4:8

Those who sow in tears shall reap in joy. Psalm 126:5

The wicked man does deceptive work, but he who sows righteousness will have a sure reward. Proverbs 11:18

Sow for yourselves righteousness; Reap in mercy; Break up your fallow ground, for it is time to seek the LORD, till He comes and rains righteousness on you. Hosea 10:12

But this I say: He who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. 2 Corinthians 9:6

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?