Almost Done





Fort Benning Cord Ceremony
September 17-18
Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. James 1:4
When I first began to bake I had one of those long skinny cake testers to stick into the baked good and see if it was "done". At some point the technique transferred to the ole poke of the index finger to see if the top of the cake or bread springs back came into play.

When our son entered the Army, he began a series of tests along with thousands of other men and women to see if they were "done" ... ready for the next level of responsibility of protecting our nation.

We are in a training/transformation process here on earth. Often we feel as if we are being cooked or rather boiled and grilled at times, but we are to rejoice and remember it is a process and there is a ceremony awaiting us when we reach completion!
Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. James 1:2-3

Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

2 Corinthians 3:17-18


There have been times I have asked the Lord, "Am I done yet? May I come home?" Time and time again He has said, "Hmm, got some work to do in this area, you haven't gotten that one right yet." Praise God, He's still working on my and hasn't given up. Even when I know I am not "done" I like the feeling of His finger pressing on me to check and I do look forward to the day of completion!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?