First Love

September 12

When the triple, and sometimes even quadruple whammy happens with a scriptural theme, I know I am supposed to listen and usually blog about it! The Lord has my head spinning like a tea cup this morning from what He fed me yesterday and then bopped me over the head with repeatedly this morning.
I flash back twenty-eight years ago when my husband came to know the Lord and said to me one day, "I love Jesus more than anyone." Jump back Jack! Wait, you just met him and you love him more than you love me? I was offended at first, then a bit jealous for that fresh love for Christ and knowing Jesus has to be our "first love" for the relationship to work.

But you walked away from your first love—why? What's going on with you, anyway? Do you have any idea how far you've fallen? A Lucifer fall!"Turn back! Recover your dear early love. No time to waste, for I'm well on my way to removing your light from the golden circle.

Revelation 2:4-5 The Message (MSG)

Adrian Roger's online devotional this morning is posted below and is titled:

Lukewarmness—a Form of Blasphemy

"In Revelation 2:1-7, we read about the Lord’s charge that the church at Ephesus had left their first love. It wasn’t that they didn’t love the Lord Jesus. It was that they didn’t love Him like they used to. If there ever was a time when you loved Jesus more than you do at this moment, you’re backslidden. G. Campbell Morgan said that lukewarmness is the worst form of blasphemy. I believe he’s right. Lukewarmness is a way of saying, “God, I believe in You, but You just don’t excite me.” Oh, how we ought to stay in love with the Lord Jesus Christ!Have you left your first love? Has your love for Jesus became lukewarm? Pray Psalm 26:2 and seek His face."

Lord, examine me and try me; test my mind and my heart. May You be found to be my first love. In Your precious name we pray, Amen.

The Secrets of the Secret Place nails the importance of a passionate relationship with Christ as I have heard no author (besides Jesus himself) express. In chapter 43, "The Secret of Just Loving Him" it talks about how we can find 1,000 ways to simply say, "I love You." Sorge writes, "He'll amaze you with the creativity and energy with which He'll reciprocate His passions for you."

Sorge talks about how easy it is to become consumed with ministry and "doing" and not just being in the Lord's presence. "When our priorities become inverted and we begin placing more emphasis on loving others than loving God, we are headed for certain burnout."

This quote by Sorge is how I want to be seen..."I want to enjoy being with You (the Lord) so much that they have to drag me out of the secret place." Just sitting with Him takes discipline. The time we spend in Bible Study, intercession, going to church....those don't count as simply sitting in His Presence and adoring Him.

Loving God is so easy if we take the time. Sit at the feet of Jesus. Sing to Him today. Tell Him how much you love him.

The song is "Hold Me" is playing in my mind ...."I love, I love, I love the way you hold me". Time to go sing to the Lord! Have a great day and remember...God loves you most!


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?