Our Keeper

September 21
The other day the word "keeper" resounded over and over in my mind. "What am I the keeper of?" I pondered. Great memories, others' secrets, a houseful of items, a covenant marriage with a really cute husband, an adorable bulldog, a relationship with Christ....
In the neighborhood where I walk, the majority of the other walkers are walking their dogs...(Moses, our bulldog, isn't into long walks, so he sits in our car and watches everyone).
Heading to the scriptures, to check out the word "keeper" my thoughts were drown to how our dogs feel about us. They totally trust us to provide, protect, play and promote a good life for them. Praise God, in Him we have a Keeper who does the same for us!

"My help comes from the Lord Who made heaven and earth.
He will not allow your foot to be moved; He who keeps you will not slumber.
Behold, He who keeps Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.
The Lord is your keeper....
He shall preserve your soul."
Psalm 121:2-6

He is my strength, and my Rock, my high tower, and my savior;
my keeper and my hope: he gives me authority over my people.
Psalm 144:2

Strength! Courage! Don't be timid; don't get discouraged.
God, your God, is with you every step you take.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?