Rescued

Hoola, a South Carolina rescue.
Moses and his cousin, Scottie, a rescue from Alabama.
Lucy, a puggle from our past, and a doberman rescue attending Moses' 5th birthday party.

September 28
While taking a walk the other day in the air which gave a glimpse of autumn, I came upon a man and his two dogs. Living in a retirement community, I've learned that showing genuine interest in the animals of my neighbors is a quick entrance to the door of friendship. I inquire as to the names of the canines, before I do ask for an introduction to the masters. This particular pair, Pipi and Cosmos, were introduced to me as "rescues".
A lightbulb thought went off, as I meandered on up the hill..."When we except Christ's atonement for our sins....we are rescued. The next time someone asks us to tell them a little about ourselves we can say, "I'm a rescue!"

For this reason he had to be made like them, fully human in every way, in order that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God, and that he might make atonement for the sins of the people. Because he himself suffered when he was tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted. Hebrews 2:17-18

For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins. Colossians 1:13-14

He brought me out into a spacious place; he rescued me because he delighted in me.
Psalm 18:19

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?