Call Upon the Father


October 29-30
Call Upon the Father
The LORD is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. Psalm 145:18

For years we lived in our hometown where our parents were. It was such a blessing for our children to see their grandparents on a regular basis and for us to have the support of our parents. My husband and his father coached football and basketball together for twenty years.
My father, who's occupation was a road builder, has a brilliant engineer's mind and has helped us design everything from home additions and play grounds, to bridges across our creek.
Growing up help was always just a phone call away. Even if he was away bidding a large highway job, he had an office staff, work crew and heavy equipment to solve any problem. We had a small elevator in our home growing up and I remember my mother getting stuck in it and telling me to call Carl, one of the best of the company's superintendents. He arrived and had her out on no time! Those were the good ole days!
The next generation has come along and one of our sons is a builder, but lives five hours away.
He came a few weeks ago to start us on two bathroom remodels. I've become a regular DIYer and learned online to take out sinks, vanities, toilets, shower doors and old tile! There have been many times I wished I could just call my Father and help would be on the way.

Our heavenly Father, may not have a whole construction crew readily at our disposal, but He cares about all the messes we get ourselves into and will show us a way out. I'm pretty pooped from all this work and on a deadline with 18 coming here for the Thanksgiving holiday (we need our bathrooms...it's too cold to bathe in the Lake). I decided to get a bid for someone else to paint the upstairs bathroom as it needed the ceiling done as well. An older gentleman and his wife arrived. They gave a very reasonable quote and he said, "I will be here in the morning."
Moses took right to John, who explained he loved animals and had four dogs....are you ready for their names....Jacob, Joshua, Moses and Gabriel. Hmm, I called out to the Lord to provide help and he sent a very sweet spirit?

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?