Face

October 15-16
Disciplining ourselves to obey the Lord can be a task at time. He isn't standing in front of us, holding a wooden spoon or a grade book, but He is present. Whether it was my menopausal 3AM hot flash or simply a flash from the Lord, I almost sat up in bed the message came so clearly. "FACE". I knew that was the word for this weekend's devotional, yet awakening three hours later, my natural instinct was to try to think about what quick devo I could write so I could go make pancakes and play with my grandchildren.
Closing my eyes to pray, the word was very clear again "face". Again shifting into my control, I thought....hmmm Moses saw God face to face, David was always falling on his face or asking God not to hide his face from him....or maybe we are to face our trials. Stop! I knew I needed to open the Word and feed upon it. What?! 374 references for the word face.
Digging in, I asked the Lord, "What is it You want me to share?" I realized He knows the needs of each of you who read this devotional and asked him to direct me to the verses which He intended to use to minister to you this weekend. Take the time to write down the verse that is for you. Feed upon it. Seek His face and thank him for his personal love note to you today!


Proverbs 15:13
A happy heart makes the face
cheerful, but heartache crushes the spirit.
Yesterday, I took a couple of our grands to visit their GREAT grandparents. Their happy little faces delivered a gracious dose of joy.

Whatever you are facing today, you are not facing it alone.
James 1:2
Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds,
1 Chronicles 16:11
Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always.

What do others see when they see our faces?
Proverbs 27:19
As water reflects the face, so one’s life reflects the heart
.

2 Corinthians 3:18
And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

Isaiah 25:7-9

...he will swallow up death forever. The Sovereign LORD will wipe away the tears from all faces; he will remove his people’s disgrace from all the earth. The LORD has spoken.In that day they will say,“Surely this is our God; we trusted in him, and he saved us. This is the LORD, we trusted in him; let us rejoice and be glad in his salvation.”


Numbers 6:24-26
The LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make his face shine on you
and be gracious to you; the LORD turn his face toward you
and give you peace.

3 John 1:14
I hope to see you soon, and we will talk face to face. Peace to you. The friends here send their greetings.

Remember the doors of Shiloh are always open!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?