Fall in love with Jesus



October 27
The frothy whipped cream atop my steamy hazelnut hot chocolate left a mustache above my lip that our bulldog longed to lick off. The sun had left our yard and was shinning on the tree tops across the lake, so there was a chill in the air. Being alone this particular evening I looked at Moses and said, "Let's grab my Bible and steal away with Jesus." Wrapping a raggedly knitted scarf, which I made years ago, around my neck I grabbed a cozy blanket and we headed for the hammock. (Getting Moses in that hammock was a feat!)
I opened my Bible to Isaiah 43:1-4 and felt the love!

Isaiah 43 When You're Between a Rock and a Hard Place

But now, God's Message, the God who made you in the first place, Jacob, the One who got you started, Israel:
"Don't be afraid, I've redeemed you. I've called your name. You're mine. When you're in over your head, I'll be there with you. When you're in rough waters, you will not go down. When you're between a rock and a hard place, it won't be a dead end—Because I am God, your personal God, The Holy of Israel, your Savior. I paid a huge price for you: all of Egypt, with rich Cush and Seba thrown in! That's how much you mean to me! That's how much I love you!
I'd sell off the whole world to get you back, trade the creation just for you.

How quickly we forget the magnitude of the love of the Father. Let's just stop and tell God how much we love Jesus.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?