Journey Proud

October 27
This week my husband has been out of town attending a conference. Wednesday morning, when he was quietly finishing his packing in the wee hours of the morning, I called out to him..."Are you journey proud?" "Am I what?" he replied. Laughingly, I said, "I don't know, that is something my mother and grandmother used to say. I guess it means are you excited about your trip?" Then it hit both of us! As believers, we are journey proud, for we are headed for the ultimate destination. A journey beyond comparison!

My mother looked forward to heaven. The verses she wanted read at her funeral were
John 14:1-3. On my calendar that year, which had a daily scripture verse, was this reference the day she died. God is so good!
Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God;believe also in me. My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. John 14:2-3

What a gift we give to our family and friends when we let them know we are journey proud concerning our upcoming trip to heaven!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?