Red Sea Rule #5

"Oooh, Mama Boo, this is some good stuff in this little book!"
October 7
"Stay calm and confident and give God time to work."
This is my favorite chapter so far! Morgan seems to agree as he says, "This is hard for me. (Speaking of keeping our emotions under control.) The very word emotion is the word motion without the e in front of it (e for erratic, I suppose.) The other day I was sharing with my daughter how I wish 30 years ago I knew what I know now about the Lord. I felt I had to be the "Defender" of my children and stand up for them in the battles of childhood and being a student. What I needed to do was put into action the phrase I pass on to so many parents now..."Pray it, don't say it." In other words...less motion caused by emotion!

Check out how The Message interprets Moses' words of wisdom during the Red Sea Scenario.
Moses spoke to the people: "Don't be afraid. Stand firm and watch God do his work of salvation for you today. Take a good look at the Egyptians today for you're never going to see them again. God will fight the battle for you. And you? You keep your mouths shut!"
Exodus 14:13-14

Acquiring aches and age, loving the Lord more and more each day, and tiring of the evil antics of humans, I truly have come to a point where I long for heaven. That mind set, along with recognizing who God is affords one the opportunity to stay calm, confident and prayerful for the work God is doing.

"Leave room for God," is a phrase Morgan recalls reading in Romans 12:19 NIV. He continues, "I cannot solve every problem, cure every hurt, or avoid every fear, but I can leave room for God. I don't have to have the answer to every dilemma, but I can leave room for God to work. I can't do the impossible, but He is able to do "exceedingly abundantly above all" that I could ask or imagine (Ep. 3:20). The Lord delights in the impossible."

Morgans leaves us with these supportive scriptures:
Do not be terrified; do not be afraid of them. The LORD your God, who is going before you, will fight for you...Deuteronomy 1:29-30

Do not be afraid of them; the LORD your God himself will fight for you. Deuteronomy 3:22

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Deuteronomy 31:6

What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?
No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.
Romans 8:31,37

I think there was a TV show long ago called "Make Room For Daddy". Are we making room for our heavenly Father to act in our lives.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?