Time Investment


October 26
By two o'clock I was missing my husband greatly. Mondays seem like such long days. The weather was gorgeous, but I was stuck inside on a major clean up project in our furnace/storage room. When he walked through the front door, I suggested we hit the hammock before the sun went down. Serenity now! We rocked back and forth and recapped our days for each other and pondered why certain trees had lost their leaves and others were still clinging to their foliage. One of the trees our hammock was attached to was almost bare with the exception of a few walnuts hanging overhead and one red headed woodpecker jumping around. There was not a sound to be heard, nary a boat on the Lake or a leaf blower blasting. Even the woodpecker kept quiet.

What a wonderful time to be still and reflect on the power of God, evident in the changing seasons.

Psalm 46:10
He says, “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth.”

Tuesday, three o'clock. Sitting on our dock, I awaited pick up from some friends, whom I had asked if I could hitch a ride with, to enjoy the October grandeur on the lake. With warm sugar cookies in hand I jumped on board and left my chores behind. Before they arrived I had been reading Psalm 148 in "Solo" The Message devotional and took to heart the challenge therein.
"Allow the words to wash over you in their vividness. See specific birds or wild beasts, sense the chill of the ice, hear the roaring of the ocean. Watch ever action of the characters. Compare the way each created thing uniquely praises its Maker." I'll post the psalm below.

Wednesday...my to do list is overwhelming, but I am choosing three actions:
To stop and bask in God's love, which is radiated upon us in his magnificent creation; to be still and know that He is God; and to reciprocate by praising Him and telling him of my love.

Invest time with your Creator today!
Psalm 148
Hallelujah! Praise God from heaven, praise him from the mountaintops;
Praise him, all you his angels, praise him, all you his warriors,
Praise him, sun and moon, praise him, you morning stars;
Praise him, high heaven, praise him, heavenly rain clouds;
Praise, oh let them praise the name of God - he spoke the word, and there they were!
He set them in place from all time to eternity;
He gave his orders, and that's it!
Praise God from earth, you sea dragons, you fathomless ocean deeps;
Fire and hail, snow and ice, hurricanes obeying his orders;
Mountains and all hills, apple orchards and cedar forests;
Wild beasts and herds of cattle, snakes, and birds in flight;
Earth's kings and all races, leaders and important people,
Robust men and women in their prime, and yes, graybeards and little children.
Let them praise the name of God— it's the only Name worth praising.
His radiance exceeds anything in earth and sky;
he's built a monument—his very own people!

Praise from all who love God!
Israel's children, intimate friends of God.
Hallelujah!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?