Simple Sheets

November 17
Traveling through the rain and fog yesterday I made my way to the city to purchase some bedding for what we hope will eventually be our overflow bedroom again. (It housed 2 sets of bunk beds and 2 trundle beds, had an extra mattress for the floor, so we could sleep 7). We are giving away our 25 year old bunk beds to Habitat for Humanity and simplifying the room, but the process has not been simple.
Trying to save a buck and take advantage of the Veteran's day sales has about done me in online and in the stores. Finding 3 matches sets of sheets, shams and comforters hasn't been easy. Then you add matching colors and I've finally realized this is not of eternal value and bought white sheets!
Reading in Jesus Calling this morning, I laughed.
"Be content to be a simple sheep." I read it "simple sheet"!

I am not content with the condition our home is in right now....but I need to learn to be!

Trouble and anguish have found and taken hold on me, yet Your commandments are my delight. Psalm 119:143

Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. Psalm 119:105

I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. Philippians 4:12

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?