Tail Lights


November 2
Adrian Rogers' Ministry, Love Worth Finding, broadcast a great message yesterday on choosing to follow the Lord. http://www.oneplace.com/ministries/love-worth-finding/
He told a story about following a friend to a destination and all he had to do was follow the tail lights of the car. His message was based on Joshua 3:3: giving orders to the people: “When you see the ark of the covenant of the LORD your God, and the Levitical priests carrying it, you are to move out from your positions and follow it.

God gave Moses a set of tail lights, by which to lead the Israelites, in the form of a pillar of cloud and a pillar of fire.
By day the LORD went ahead of them in a pillar of cloud to guide them on their way and by night in a pillar of fire to give them light, so that they could travel by day or night.
Exodus 13:21

The task is a little more difficult for us, first off because it goes against our natural grain of serving self and setting selfish desires. Did you hop out of bed this morning and say, "Lord, lead me. I am ready to go wherever you direct me. Your will, not mine."?

God has made me shift my gears and turn in a totally different direction than I had anticipated for this week, but as I view what He is leading me into, it is filled with His purposes and will bring him much more glory than what I had on the calendar.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?