Thwarted Plans

November 4
Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. James 1:2-4

Picking up Jesus Calling, yesterday I was so encouraged and had to take a dose of the very same ministry medicine that I had dished out to a friend the day before. Whew, wee...I am so thankful for those life lines that Jesus tosses to us! I thought the trials of the day before were a downer, but yesterday the level of intensity deepened in the "life isn't far" discouragement category and I started to sink...ok, actually weep. An insurance adjuster came to the door and was rather aggressive and intimidating at first. I looked at him and said, "I have a young woman in a crisis downstairs, a friend whose grand baby just had to have his head drilled into and they have found a brain tumor and my tile man just backed out on me with this bathroom mess. Just warning you, I am about to burst into tears." He became a lot nicer!
When he left I returned downstairs where we were watching Beth Moore's video series, "Breaking Free" and it hit me. I was being tested. My words had to become my actions and when they did, God delivered me from my mess in a way only he could have!
Jesus Calling reads:
"Every time something thwarts your plans or desires, use that as a reminder to communicate with Me. This practice has several benefits. The first is obvious: Talking with Me blesses you and strengthens our relationship. Another benefit is that disappointments, instead of dragging you down, are transformed into opportunities for good. This transformation removes the sting from difficult circumstances, making it possible to be joyful in the midst of adversity. Begin by practicing this discipline in all the little disappointments of daily life. It is often these minor setbacks that draw you away from My Presence. When you reframe setbacks as opportunities, you find that you gain much more than you have lost."

Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as his children. For what children are not disciplined by their father? Hebrews 12:7


My new saying is to put on the Armor of God each day before you put on fresh panties!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?