Come Away With Me

December 13
This entry is probably more suitable for a December discovery. Actually, it correlates with what the Lord gave me there. Cream cheese was being mixed in a bowl with fresh parsley and green onions. The combination of that spread with a fried egg, bacon, a slice of tomato and avocado were about to be laid out on toasted whole grain bread, but God said, "Come away with me right now." Obediently, I wandered off to a quiet spot with The Message Solo and turned to Day 151.
The title "When Disappointment Comes" and Bible book-Lamentations- were not signs that this was going to be a yippee, good ole time. Two phone calls and one email already had me pensive over the depth of hurt and heartache several of us, who loved each other dearly, are facing. But by faith, expecting God to show me something good I proceeded to read and before I headed back to sandwich making I was rejoicing that my God speaks.

Lamentations 3:19-30

It's a Good Thing to Hope for Help from God

I'll never forget the trouble, the utter lostness, the taste of ashes, the poison I've swallowed. I remember it all—oh, how well I remember— the feeling of hitting the bottom.
But there's one other thing I remember, and remembering, I keep a grip on hope:

God's loyal love couldn't have run out, his merciful love couldn't have dried up.
They're created new every morning. How great your faithfulness!
I'm sticking with God (I say it over and over). He's all I've got left.

God proves to be good to the man who passionately waits, to the woman who diligently seeks.
It's a good thing to quietly hope, quietly hope for help from God.
It's a good thing when you're young to stick it out through the hard times.

When life is heavy and hard to take, go off by yourself. Enter the silence.
Bow in prayer. Don't ask questions: Wait for hope to appear.
Don't run from trouble. Take it full-face. The "worst" is never the worst.

AMEN!

I don't want to rob your Christmas music time, so check this out!

Take time today and enter into His Presence with thanksgiving in your heart.
Enjoy the video below & allow the song's words to seep into your heart.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulY2KPmpMwk


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?