Puzzled

January 7-8
"We yearn for a fresh start. We pray for a hand that will enter the dark cavern of our world and do for us the one thing we can't do for ourselves-make us right again." Max Lucado




A fresh start is similar to puzzle working.
The pieces are dumped there before you













You turn all the pieces/prospects over trying to get the best perspective. The task ahead looks daunting, but most things in life require hard work.











Sorting out priorities (like straight edges) is a good starting point.










The framework is laid, often in our own strength and without too much effort.










Then a point comes when we need a plan, a guideline, some instruction.










The author of Psalm 119 may be unknown, but he was obviously a passionate Israelite who wanted to pass along the worth of God's word as an instruction manuel in this longest psalm written. My Bible is highlighted with action verb phrases which make a perfect prayer for us this weekend:
Lord....
Open my eyes that I may see wonderful things in your law. (v.18)
Remove from me scorn and contempt for I keep your statutes. (v.22)
Let me understand the teaching of your precepts; then I will meditate on your wonders. (v27)
My soul is weary with sorrow; strengthen me according to your word. (v28)
Keep me from deceitful ways; be gracious to me through your law. (v29)
Teach me, O Lord, to follow your decrees. (v33)
Give me understanding. (v34)
Direct me in the paths of your commands, for there I find delight. (v35)
Turn my heart toward your statutes and not toward selfish gain. (v36)
Turn my eyes away from worthless things. (v37)
Fulfill you promise to your servant so that you may be feared. (v38)
Take away the disgrace I dread. (v39)
Teach me knowledge and good judgment. (v66)
Let your compassion come to me that I may live, for your law is my delight. (v.77)
Accept, O Lord, the willing praise of my mouth. (v.108)
Sustain me according to your promise, and I will live, do not let my hopes be dashed. (116)
(and that is just the half of them)

Charles Swindoll took Psalm 119 and created a guide for godly living. We could call it the way
to STARTING FRESH!
1) Seek the Lord on a regular basis. (v.10) Pursue Him daily.
2) Treasure His truth in your heart. (v.11) Memorize scripture.
3) Openly tell others of Him. (v.13) Make your faith known.
4) Rejoice and delight in God's workings. (v.14 & 16) Let your light shine.
5) Spend free moments meditating on His principles. (v.15) At stoplights, waiting in lines, etc.
6) Give God your full respect. (v.15 & 16) Don't hold back. Trust completely. Dare to live by faith.
In Jesus Name, Amen
And in doing these things the puzzle pieces of a Fresh Start will come together.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?