Start Fresh


January 27
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come:
The old has gone, the new is here!
2 Corinthians 5:17
Lawsie, lawsie...did I learn a lot about making all things new the other day. Five years ago I bought a necklace to wear to a party for our son's wedding. By the time I traveled home, this necklace with 12 tiny gold chains and one pendant was a tangled mess, the likes of which I have never seen. While going through a box of old jewelry I thought, "I'd really like to wear that necklace." After about a twenty minute attempt to untangle the chains I realized the only solution was to disconnect the chains at one end, take them all out of the link holding the pendant, straighten them out and re-thread them. My best friend sat patiently by me the first ten minutes, then quietly disappeared from the room. Frustration sank in as I was unable to get the minute links on the chains to thread back onto the link on the catch.
What an amazing picture of our lives the Lord put before me. Sometimes we make such a mess of our lives that at first glance we think the only solution is to give up or even toss our life away. We feel like we can be no good to anyone.
But the truth is we belong to a Creator who sees all the beautiful elements He placed within us and He is willing...painful as it can be for us, to help us lay the parts out and slowly put them back together to create something beautiful.
He has made everything beautiful in its time.
Ecclesiastes 3:11
While working on the jewelry, after only reattaching four of the twelve chains, my hands and fingers began to cramp. Two of the four chains fell back off. I wanted to cry. My friend came back into the room and I asked, "Why did you abandon me and not sit by me and support me?" The reply...."Isn't it good we have a friend who sticks closer than a brother."

At this time I have decided the best solution may be to take this trinket to our jeweler and ask her to assist in attaching the final chains. Thus, another lesson for Starting Fresh...
Sometimes we need to be honest and ask for help!
God designed the body of Christ to build one another up!

Pray:
You are a perfect God who is in the business of untangling messes! We praise You Lord and thank You for your patience. Forgive us for becoming discouraged, that shows a lack of faith in what You can do. May we turn our eyes upon You, the author and Perfector of our faith. In Your name, we pray, Amen




Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?