A Love We Can Trust



No, the Lord is all I need. He takes care of me.
Psalm 16:50

God's power is very great for those who believe.
Ephesians 1:19

A story on trust by Max Lucado
I stand six steps from the bed's edge. My arms extended. Hands open. On the bed, Sara-all four years of her-crouches, poised like a playful kitten. She's going to jump. But she's not ready. I'm too close. "Back more, Daddy," she stands and dares.
I dramatically comply, confessing admiration for her courage. After two giant steps I stop. "More?" I ask.
"Yes!" Sara squeals, hopping on the bed.
With each step she laughs and claps and motions for more. When I'm on the other side of the canyon, when I'm beyond reach of mortal man, when I am but a tiny figure on the horizon, she stops me. "There, stop there."
"Are you sure?"
"I'm sure," she shouts. I extend my arms. Once again she crouches, then springs. Superman without a cape. Skydiver without a chute. Only her heart flies higher than her body. In that airborne instant her only hope is her father. If he proves weak, she'll fall. If he proves cruel, she'll crash. if he proves forgetful, she'll tumble to the hard floor.
But such fears she does not know, for her father she does know. She trusts him. Four years under the same roof have convinced her he is reliable. He is not superhuman, but he is strong. He is not holy, but he is good. He's not brilliant, but he doesn't have to be to remember to catch his child when she jumps.
And so she flies.
And so she soars.
And so he catches her and the two rejoice at the wedding of her trust and his faithfulness.

******
How long do we need to know Jesus to know that kind of love comes from a trust worthy God?

"Our approach to life says a lot about how much we believe God cares for us."
Max Lucado

God helps us when we feel like orphans.
But you, God, see the trouble of the afflicted; you consider their grief and take it in hand. The victims commit themselves to you; you are the helper of the fatherless.
Psalm 10:14

God listens to our prayers.
The eyes of the LORD are on the righteous, and his ears are attentive to their cry;
Psalm 34:15

God helps in times of trouble.
God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Psalm 46:1

God makes us strong and supports us.
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:10

Give all your worries to Him, because he cares about you. 1 Peter 5:7

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?