Things that Might Be Misssed

Apple brings friends together!
February 17
Over a year ago, I met a gentleman in an Apple Store in Minnesota. After 64 years of marriage, he lost the love of his life. His love for her was the first thing he told me about. Now we often email about his love for the Lord and how his faith continues to grow. The day before Valentine's Day he shared how he struggles at times to let go of the past and get excited about what is to come. He did what friends in Christ do...he asked for prayer.
Emailing him back one day, I thought about how blessed his wife was to be loved like this.
I suggested he start journaling or maybe emailing loved ones on occasion and share a memory from his life with his wife and then something/someone in his earthly life he is thankful for.
I gave examples of simple joys in my life...the BlueRidge Mts coming down to meet the Lake, looking at Moses, fresh pineapple, and the twinkle in people's eyes.
He quickly replied and I will never look at a jar of peanut butter again without thinking of him.

"All time favorite view: Back-packing to the Greek Islands with his wife.
Animal- A dog, possibly "Maggie".
Things to Eat- Absolutely peanut butter
A Body Trait-smiles and now-women's eyebrows (natural is best)"

I've copied this list and stuck it in a drawer I frequently open, because it will do several things...
make me smile, remind me to pray for my friend and remind me of what would have been missed had I not spoken to this stranger in The Apple Store.

He sent me this beautiful video...I would have missed it had he not been in my life.
http://www.staged.com/video?v=NtK

Be kind and compassionate to one another. Ephesians 4:32

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?