Fair Weather Fan



March 26
Maybe it is mid-life that makes me pensive or maybe the monotony of loads of laundry and a stack of ironing. My husband was the recipient of a four year football scholarship at a major university and carries an appreciation for that opportunity and love for his Alma mater deep in his heart. Although, we turned in our tickets years ago, because attend our own children were participating in sporting events we wanted to attend, he remains a sportive fan. I on the other hand have wavered with age and become a "fair weather fan". When the clock is ticking down and the score isn't padded with a positive advantage, I walk out on the viewing escapade exclaiming I don't need that kind of stress in my life.
Yesterday, I passed up the last end of a basketball game and took to bed changing. While shaking out sheets and fluffing pillows I thought..."Am I a fair weather follower of Christ?" When the going gets rough, the cruel comments are flung, the Lord's name is taken in vain...do I stay supportive and cheer on my Lord or slip away from the controversy?


So, friends, take a firm stand, feet on the ground and head high. Keep a tight grip on what you were taught, whether in personal conversation or by our letter. May Jesus himself and God our Father, who reached out in love and surprised you with gifts of unending help and confidence, put a fresh heart in you, invigorate your work, enliven your speech
.
2 Thessalonians 2:15-17

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?