A Home


March 31-April1
Three of our children have bought their first homes this year and two others have done major remodeling. A house requires maintenance and attention. A home requires open hearts and loads of love.
I cannot recall any place in the Bible where Jesus' house is referenced. He went to Matthew's house, to Peter's Levi's, a Pharisee's, Simon's, Zaccheus', and was taken to the home of the high priest. Mark 2:1 tells us he called Capernaum home, but not necessarily that he had a house. My research the past two days has brought me to the place of one of my favorite quotes:
"It is not of eternal value."
What is of eternal value is where we will spend eternity and the intriguing expectation that Jesus, being quite the carpenter by trade, has said he is preparing our next abode!

My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? John 14:2

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?