Leashed & Suffering

March 6
One of our grandsons stayed with us last week (God knew I needed a cuddly comforter). Now that he can crawl, he is on the move and has a heart for exploration. We had to watch him like a hawk. While preparing his breakfast one morning, I turned around to find that my husband had attached the dog leash to the back of his pjs. Pretty funny....hmmm, doesn't look like our little fellow is laughing.
Why didn't God just put each of us on a leash, so he could give us a tug when we neared danger(sin)?

Why when there was a man like Job, who lived like he was totally connected to God and was able to say...
“But he knows where I am and what I've done. He can cross-examine me all he wants, and I'll pass the test with honors. I've followed him closely, my feet in his footprints, not once swerving from his way. I've obeyed every word he's spoken, and not just obeyed his advice—I've treasured it.” Job 23:10-11 MSG ...why did Job still suffer?

We look at suffering as if God is ignoring the sufferer or punishing them. What we need to do
is look to the cross and remember who suffered for us and who we are to be like.

But those who suffer he delivers in their suffering; he speaks to them in their affliction.
Job 36:15

Our suffering brings us closer to the Lord. While at times suffering may seem like a jerk on the leash to head us back in the right direction, there are times when it occurs in lives such as Job who haven't wandered away in the least. God is never caught off guard. Call to Him in your suffering and he will keep you close.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?