Let's Get Together

Sorry, not sure why this didn't publish over the weekend.
March 3-4
God does make me smile. I was evading Bible study and breaking a firm rule of mine to never go to Facebook or Pinterest until after my time with the Lord. He placed on my mind this song from Parent Trap and lured me back to Him and my senses!

Let's get together, yeah yeah yeah.Why don't you and I combine?
Let's get together, what do you say?We can have a swinging time.
We'd be a crazy team.Why don't we make a scene? Together.

If we want to hear from the Lord, we must to go to him and position ourselves in a way we can receive him. I think that starts with being still and knowing He is God and confessing we are not like Him and in need of forgiveness. We open up opportunities for him to speak by going to His Word.
Since today's date is the 3rd. Nibble on Psalm 3. A friend called the other day and said this Psalm has been carrying she and her husband through some tough times. She knew my heart and head had been down the past week and said, "Check it out. It says God is the lifter of our heads!" Praise God for friends who take us to Him!
Psalm 3
Lord, how many are my foes! How many rise up against me!
Many are saying of me, "God will not deliver him.
But you, Lord, are a shield around me, my glory, the One who lifts my head high.
I call out to the Lord, and he answers me from his holy mountain.
I lie down and sleep; I wake again, because the Lord sustains me.
I will not fear though tens of thousands assail me on every side.
Arise, Lord! Deliver me, my God!
Strike all my enemies on the jaw; break the teeth of the wicked.
From the Lord comes deliverance. May your blessing be on your people.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?