Still Speaking

March 1
My plan was to start fresh this month with something simple or even take a break from writing, thinking that might help the grief I am experiencing over the loss of my friend. I've found such comfort in this journey of life in trusting the Spirit to lead, when I stay in the Word and today what I've been given is the perfect follow up to the dynamic worship experience at her memorial service yesterday.
The service began with the handsome young son of her cousin strumming his guitar and singing "I Can Only Imagine." Not only was his voice melodic, his countenance and composure came straight from God. When he sang the refrain...
Will I dance for you Jesus or in awe of you be still
Will I stand in your presence or to my knees will I fall
Will I sing hallelujah, will I be able to speak at all

I wanted to shout out...she sang "hallelujah"!

It ended with another joy filled cousin, who always made my friend laugh, singing a cappella, Chris Tomlin's arrangement of Amazing Grace and inviting the congregation to sing along!

My friend's oldest daughter, who is in the hospital, awaiting the birth of her first child was with the congregation via Skype. It was a precious solution to a heart wrenching situation.
We are prone to wander, especially when we are hurting (like a wounded animal retreating to the woods), but if we head to the lap of the Father instead and seek comfort and counsel from His Word, it will provide just what we need. I praise God this morning for the divine wisdom I found on Bible Gateway. Just what the doctor of the grieving would order for comfort on the day after a service such as I experienced.
My friend's life still has an amazing voice from heaven, because of the way she lived here on earth. The legacy of how she lived will continue to resound to the next generation!

You're all I want in heaven! You're all I want on earth! When my skin sags and my bones get brittle, God is rock-firm and faithful. Look! Those who left you are falling apart! Deserters, they'll never be heard from again. But I'm in the very presence of God— oh, how refreshing it is! I've made Lord God my home. God, I'm telling the world what you do!

The same verse, but in the NIV

Yet I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand.
You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory.
Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you.
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

Those who are far from you will perish; you destroy all who are unfaithful to you.
But as for me, it is good to be near God. I have made the Sovereign LORD my refuge;
I will tell of all your deeds.
Psalm 73:25-26

God will provide what we need...we just got to go to Him!

"We so good 4 each otha. Memba that!" Kaye Henderson

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?