The Change


April 13-15
In a week our trees have gone from bare branches to being adorned with lacy little green leaves announcing the change from winter to spring. The change of the seasons brings such delight.

"I've got to change him." (Mom, related to diapers.)
"I've got to change him." (New bride, related to her groom.)
"I've got to change." (Out of a piece of clothing.)
"I've got to change." (Someone with an undesirable life style, attitude or addiction.)
"I'm going through the change." (Menopausal woman.)
"Could I please have change." (Related to money.)

Ah, the English language...it can be tough to discern. Just ask Ziva on NCIS. When a word like that is placed on my mind I am oh so quick to try to figure out what the Lord is up to. I am never right in my assumptions, for my mind is not like His mind.
Change is uncomfortable for many people, but for us to become heavenly beings it will be necessary. For us to become what God intended us to be as earthly beings, there is most likely a little tweaking to occur!
And he said: “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3

Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed— in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. 1 Corinthians 15:51-52

How will we react to change today?
What needs to change in our own lives?

Lord, we come to say we love you. Nip, tuck, take away those attitudes, addictions, accusations that keep our lights from shining the love of Christ out onto a lost world. In Jesus' Name, Amen

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?