Holy Week, Scene 5-Underestimating

April 5
Well, this certainly wasn't what I was expecting for a Good Friday message, but I was so moved by this video I thought it worth sharing. Actually, the message it portrays correlates well with how the world saw Jesus.

The world was looking for the Messiah to come as a strong, charismatic, political leader. Instead, our King was born in a manger, was humble with a servant's heart and many a night had no place to even lay his head.
No chariot carried him around, fine fabrics did not drape his body or fabulous jewels drip from his neck. He was underestimated by many, for he did not look the part of the long awaited king.
Check this out.

A Texas pastor showed this video at his worship service and addressed the congregation afterwards saying:

"I LOVE his loyalty to his friend. I LOVE the fact that he has no idea how good he is. I LOVE the fact that he doesn't 'look' the part. I LOVE the fact that he was underestimated for that reason. I LOVE the fact that he is humble and honest. I LOVE his voice. I LOVE the fact that he has actually taken the time to train his voice classically. I LOVE the audience reaction."

Whose life might be changed by the touch of our encouragement.
Who in our life never needs to lack confidence in our loyalty?
Who might we be underestimating?

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?