Convicted-Got Cha



May 9
Nancy Leigh DeMoss did a wonderful series on Miriam last month.  Flashing back across her life and her character traits...compassion and caring exemplified her life as she cared for her little brother Moses.  Then celebration  could have been her nickname as she shoot her tambourine and led worship.  Her life ended on a sour note though as her pride and jealousy made her rather crabby and a credit of her brother's leadership.
Conviction set in without having to dig very deep, as I listened to the teaching on the importance of not speaking against leaders ... especially spiritual leaders.  Confession flew from my tongue as I asked Jesus to take my petition to the Father, seeking forgiveness for three specific unsupportive comments I had made in years past about ministers/priests.

Then I acknowledged my sin to you and did not cover up my iniquity. I said, “I willconfess my transgressions to the LORD.” And you forgave the guilt of my sin. Psalm 32:5


I confess my iniquity; I am troubled by my sin. Psalm 38:18


Whoever conceals their sins does not prosper, but the one who confesses and renounces them finds mercy. Proverbs 28:13


Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.  James 5:15-17



Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?