Fill 'Er Up Please

Don't even ask about the duct tape on the toilet...that is another devo somewhere in time.  This is the only toilet picture I had on my computer and I am too tired to take another one.  I really wanted a picture of a beautiful pitcher of lemonade.  Maybe later after the Holy Spirit does his thing.

May 16
Every study I have done the past four days has made reference to the importance of daily calling out for the filling of the Holy Spirit. This morning I've awakened emotionally exhausted...it has to be because I have been trying to encourage and pray for some precious friends and several family members in my own strength, who are up against HUGE medical obstacles. Add to that our home being hit by lightening night before last, knocking out our phones, a fountain on our patio and frying our security system and I need a better power source than myself.


Jack Hyles, a great preacher, said, “There is no life so empty as a self-centered life, and there is no life so centered as a self-emptied life.” As you pour out yourself to others, the Holy Spirit will continually pour Himself into you.    But you need to ask and receive!  It can come upon us like a toilet bowl sending in fresh water, but we have to initiate the "flush".


Just as the lemonade pitcher has to be filled each time it is emptied, we too need to say to the Lord, "Fill 'er up please!"  We are called to "pour out' our lives into others, but we are not expected to do this on our own.  His name is the "Helper"!  His power, precision and provisions are unequal to an earthly equipping.

Yet, few know the feeling of the filling!

I hate it when groceries spoil or other products expire, never being used.  My husband doesn't understand why I sweep when the power blower is available.  God must shake his head at the surplus of Holy Spirit power, which is never tapped into.  I am going to get a permanent marker and on the side of my computer charger, which I plug in every day...I am going to write Holy Spirit, as a reminder to plug into Him and say, "Fill "er up please!"

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?