Marilyn Monroe Moment


May 25
On the outset of this entry, let me say that I in no way think this 55 year old body of mine is anything like Marilyn Monroe's.  Also, let me confess that yes, I did watch the series "SMASH" this winter and though full of sinful lifestyles (I too am a sinner by the way) I gained lots of insight into the process of making a Broadway musical.
Now back on track to the colorful lesson at hand.  Last weekend I had contemplated putting on my swimsuit to go sit out on the dock and get some sun.  In the process I realized I was not going in the water and instead just put on my sheer, blue, broomstick skirt and a bra and blouse.  The key here is that is all I put on.  Enjoying the privacy of our patio here at Shiloh I was deep into my Bible study when I heard the "beep, beep" of a pontoon boat passing by and recognized dear, dear friends aboard.  My husband, nursing his allergies, was inside but came to the window.  I motioned for him to come out and, being a VERY BREEZY day, asked him to bring me some panties!
Making my way to the dock, I tried to gather my skirt together to keep it from blowing up and also pleating it together add some opaqueness to a very sheer skirt.  The dilemma came when my husband reached the dock and we had no idea how to hand off the panties.  Also, I couldn't come up with a reason to go in our storage area on the dock and close the door, so I JUST CONFESSED to my situation.
My girl friend's 84 year old father was on the boat and I think my confession may have been the highlight of his weekend.  My poor husband just kept shaking his head.

While there are times we are called to confess publicly and certainly one on one, there are other times it is simply appropriate to take our remorse privately to our Father.

 Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective. James 5:16


 Then I acknowledged my sin to you and did not cover up my iniquity. I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the LORD.” And you forgave the guilt of my sin. Psalm 32:5

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?