Wait Forwardly & Be Amazed



May 30
Max Lucado really fired me up in his final chapter of Experiencing the Heart of Jesus when he said,
"We are so good at waiting, that we don't wait forwardly.  We forget to look.  We are so patient that we become complacent.  We are too content.  We seldom search the skies.  We rarely run to the temple.  We seldom, if ever allow the Holy Spirit to interrupt our plans and lead us to worship so that we might see Jesus.

You should live holy lives and serve God, as you wait for and look forward to the coming of the day of God. 2 Peter 3:11-12


Think about Simeon.   Simeon took the baby in his arms and thanked God: 'Now Lord, you can let me, your servant, die in peace, as you said.'  Luke 2:28-29

Lucado wrote: "One look into the face of Jesus, and Simeon knew it was time to go home. And one look into the face of our Savior, and we will know the same."

That is down right exciting!!!!!

Makes me think of a middle school cheer which went like this....

"Get fired up for VICTORY!"


Standing last week,  in a elevator of the hospital where I was a candy striper as a teenager, the place where five of our children were born and where my mother and Kaye died, I stated to my husband that there have been some extremes of emotion in that location.  We had just visited someone who was elderly and ill, but very apprehensive about dying. I commented to my husband, "I wished that they were excited about their heavenly home and seeing Jesus."  His reply, "Few people are."

Paul wrote in 2 Thessalonians 1:10.  
On the day when the Lord Jesus comes 
all the people who have believed will  be amazed at Jesus.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?