Elemintoepea

June 25
Yes, I realize I skipped "N" this weekend.  Actually, the 101 Words of Affirmation did not have an "N" word.  Maybe, like me, the writer grew up learning that part of the alphabet a bit differently.  Instead of singing L, M, N, O, P. I thought is was one big letter in the middle.  Go ole, "Elemintoepea".

Certainly, a couple simple "N" affirmations could be...
"You are so nice!  You are a wonderful nurturer.


Investigate the Queen of Sheba's words of affirmation utilized as she came to check out Solomon.
It is a wonderful story in 1 Kings Chapter 10.

1 Kings 10:6-9
She said to the king, "It's all true! Your reputation for accomplishment and wisdom that reached all the way to my country is confirmed. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it for myself; they didn't exaggerate! Such wisdom and elegance—far more than I could ever have imagined. Lucky the men and women who work for you, getting to be around you every day and hear your wise words firsthand! And blessed be God, your God, who took such a liking to you and made you king. Clearly, God's love for Israel is behind this, making you king to keep a just order and nurture a God-pleasing people."



In my "P" picking, I've selected the word peace.  I heard an interesting story yesterday about an African Evangelism movement based on visiting tribes and first asking to see the person they would consider "the man of peace" in the tribe.  The woman telling the story said often it would be the witch doctor whom they considered to meet this criterion.  The missionary then would unfold the Gospel to this individual and then he would be the one to accept Christ and share with the others of this amazing love.

I pondered how this might work in America.  If you were trying to reach "gangs" no one would want to be recognized as "the man of peace".  Continuing talking to this individual,  she shared an incident where she went to an event hoping to recognize "the man of peace" and possibly share the Gospel. Instead the Holy Spirit grabbed a hold of her, bringing her to her knees, to seek forgiveness in a hurtful relationship and she became "the man of peace".


May we take peace into all the places we go today!


Hebrews 12:14
Make every effort to live in peace with everyone and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the Lord.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?