What Do You Do?

June 2-3
Harboring hurting souls, as we have done over the years here at Shiloh, one expressed to me once the reason for their reclusive  tendencies was the dread of people asking the infamous question..."What do you do?" In other words....let me sum up your worth.
Registering for a medical test last week, the worth question came in another form...."Are you employed?"
Why did my head drop as I replied, "No, JUST a housewife."?  How I wished I had thought to respond, "Yes, I am a full time prayer warrior!"
Visiting my 92 year old father I saw a sadness in his eyes.  "I am very old, " he quietly spoke.  "You're amazing!" was my answer as I looked into his eyes.  "Not anymore, " he softly said back.  "Well, you are to me," I assured him.
Whatever our age/stage of life, whatever our positional status, we are still of great worth to the One who created us.  He loves us extravagantly.  Ephesians chapter three speaks of being able to take in the extravagant dimension of Christ's love.  It says in the Message to reach out and experience the breadth of Christ's love!  Jesus found us WORTH dying for.  That makes us rather well liked!  :)

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?