Come Into His Presence

July 6-7

Come, let's shout praises to God, raise the roof for the Rock who saved us! Let's marchinto his presence singing praises, lifting the rafters with our hymns! 
Psalm 95:1-2


There is a praise song which goes something like this:
Come into His presence with thanksgiving in your heart and give him praise, give him praise.
Come into His presence with thanksgiving in your hearts your voices raise, your voices raise.
Sing glory and honor and power unto Him, Jesus the Name above all names.


Early this morning before my eyes opened this reminder was on my brain.  The past month I've been in full time baby sitting gear and have not disciplined myself for a very long quiet time daily.  If the two babies have ever napped at the same time I've taken advantage of a nap myself to sustain me or gotten a chore done.  I've prayed while strolling and rocking, but haven't had much for deep digging with an open Bible on my lap.  This song is a reminder to start our times in His presence with thanksgiving and praise.

My mind has drifted to situations where people butter you up/praise you, before getting to the reason they really approached you....to ask for something.  Sometimes it is nice to receive a call or a visit from someone just wanting to enjoy our presence. I hope there are times today in which I do nothing but praise the Lord.






Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?