Making the Most of Quiet Moments



July 12 
My man has no problem dozing off "wherever" to catch up on needed sleep!  Glad he has a strong "football hold" when he does it with one of the grandchildren in his arms.
The other night I could not sleep.  A nightmare (funny, first I typed "night mare"....a horse in the dark) combined with a bulldog wanting to go outside had awakened me.  Trying to get back to sleep, I began by telling the Lord how much I love him and then began "breaking out in exclamations of thanks" to God for each of you and lifting you up in prayer!
This verse gives me a happy heart! How blessed we are to have one another!
Every time you cross my mind, I break out in exclamations of thanks to God.  Each exclamation is a trigger to prayer.  I find myself praying for you with a glad heart. I am so pleased that you have continued on in this with us, believing and proclaiming God's Message, from the day you heard it right up to the present.  There has never been the slightest doubt in my mind that the God who started this great work in you would keep at it and bring it to a flourishing finish on the very day Christ Jesus appears. Philippians 1:6  MSG

Another good sleepless night remedy is to choose this time of stillness and no distractions to listen to the Lord.
Speak, Lord, for your servant is listening.  1 Samuel 3:9

I waited while you spoke, I listened to your reasoning; while you were searching for words, I gave you my full attention.  Job 32:11-12a

Let's Pray:
Precious Savior, we are so thankful you are a God for all times.  Whether in daylight or darkened skies You are with us.  May we make the most of any quiet moments, whatever the time, by seeking You and listening to that still quiet voice.  As afternoon summer showers fall upon many of us this time of year, may we be reminded to shower You with our love and our appreciation for creating us to be your children.  We know not how many days we have upon this earth.  May a day not go by that we are not in fellowship with You.  In Jesus' name, Amen

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?