Something New "F" & "G"

(I'm doubling up this week, as I have double the love to spread around here with a couple cute grands.)




July 20-22
Fear of the Lord "An attitude of reverence or worship in the presence of God-an attitude of humility and awe more than dread and fright."

The first time I looked down into the Grand Canyon I was in awe of God. I'd seen pictures of the Grand Canyon and even stood amazed in a surround theatre at Disney, as the camera took you on an aerial flight through the canyon, but none of those prepared me for standing there in person.  My guess is that "high" is  minuscule in comparison to the state of elation we will experience when we enter into Heaven and stand in the presence of God.
I am thankful our grandchildren have a respectful fear of the water.  Viewing how immense it is they know better than to jump right in.  Likewise, Moses has the same respect even in is life jacket.
A respectful fear of the Lord is a good thing!





The reverent and worshipful fear of the Lord is the beginning and the principal and choice part of knowledge [its starting point and its essence]; but fools despise skillful and godly Wisdom, instruction, and discipline. Proverbs 1:7 (AMP)


Glory "An essential quality of God's character, his glory is his worthiness. Everything about him testifies that he is worthy to receive praise, honor, and respect.  In the New Testament, Jesus is revealed to be the Lord of glory.  In the Bible, glory is often associated with brightness or splendor.

So...glory, Glory or glory!  They are all good!

So here I am in the place of worship, eyes open, drinking in your strength and glory. In your generous love I am really living at last!  My lips brim praises like fountains. I bless you every time I take a breath; My arms wave like banners of praise to you. Psalm 63:2-4 



None of the rulers of this age understood it, for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.  1 Corinthians 2:8


There were sheepherders camping in the neighborhood. They had set night watches over their sheep. Suddenly, God's angel stood among them and God's glory blazed around them. They were terrified. The angel said, "Don't be afraid. I'm here to announce a great and joyful event that is meant for everybody, worldwide: A Savior has just been born in David's town, a Savior who is Messiah and Master. This is what you're to look for: a baby wrapped in a blanket and lying in a manger." Luke 2:9 

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?