August 9
I was trying to describe to my daughter, the kind of love that is so deep that there is an obvious connection of the hearts.  Like the love some people have for a spouse, or a child, or even a dear, dear friend.  You know, the connection that fulfills Romans 12:15...when you hurt, I hurt. When you are full of joy, I am bursting forth too.

Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn.
Romans 12:15

Then a few hours later I opened a Bible study, by Beth Moore called Patriarchs, and there in print was a very close description of what I was trying to express.
"Our hardest tests involve our dearest loves.  The Hebrew word for love means "to love, desire to delight...Implies an ardent and vehement inclination of the mind and a tenderness of affection at the same time...a strong emotional attachment for and a desire to possess or be in the presence of the object of love."
My prayer this day is for marriages to experience that kind of love, but my belief is that kind of love is not possible until we have experienced such a love with Christ.








Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?