Get All the Way In


August 30

Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart 
and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ 
Matthew 22:37

Watching individuals' various ways of getting in the lake is quite entertaining.  Our sons all jump completely in with a BIG splash.  I take a more gradual approach and our grandson is very cautious as he does not like to get his head wet. Prod
ding him, I find myself saying, "Get all the way in!"

"I am God, huge and powerful.  I don't need you.  You need me.  Now, take every step with the keen awareness that you walk continually before My gaze. I want all of you-not one person behind closed doors and another in the open. I want your mind as well as you heart.  I want your soul as well as your spirit. If you want to do this thing with Me, get all the way in."  Beth Moore

The paragraph comes from Moore's study, Patriarchs.  God is making a request of Abram (meaning exalted father).  He has big plans for his life, as the father of many nations and thus changes his name to Abraham (father of many).  Moore writes: "God's intention is not to promote us, however.  He intends for us to bear much fruit, showing ourselves to be His and bringing Him glory." (John 15)

 
You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruitfruit that will last—and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you. John 15:16


What is the purpose God has for each of us?
Where is it He is waiting for us to "get all the way in" with Him?  Have we gotten our feet wet, but don't trust Him enough to get out heads wet?

Here's an option for getting all the way in, but keeping your head above water!  :)
Keep cool in a "dunking bucket"!


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?