Mill Mt Star shot through the windshield.
 Mill Mt Star shot hanging out the window.

August 20
With my head and zoom lens hanging out the window on the interstate, my husband emphatically stated, "You are terribly distracting.  People are going to think that flash is a gun shot!"  (He was probably right.) A few more "shots" and I pulled the camera back in explaining I had really sensed the Lord impressing upon my heart to take the pics of our local "star" on the top of Mill Mountain.
After eight hours on the highway, I was so comforted by the sight of the star and knowing I was coming home, I immediately thought of the way we will feel when we finally have our eternal home in sight. Wanting to get a shot of that star to share with you I acted a bit impulsively.  Thankfully, no one returned fire upon us.

Take time today to think about five things you look forward to in your heavenly home.
1) No tears. No pain.
2) Seeing Jesus
3) God's glory illuminating the whole place.
4) Angel choirs
5) New bodies.
6) Streets of gold

 My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I havetold you that I am going there to prepare a place for you?  John 14:2

This blog is dedicated to our sweet friend, Roger, who is waiting patiently to see Jesus and move into his eternal home. You will be greatly missed here on earth, dear friend, but how blessed you are to know where you are going.  I love you.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?