The Mayo boys celebrated their infant baptism.
August 21
Looking back over some journal notes I wanted to reflect on what had stood out the past few weeks.
Reflection on various verses I had written:
If I believe the point of life is to please God, and...
If I believe nothing is too hard for God, and...
If I believe when a man's ways please God, even his enemies will be at peace with him, and...
If I believe I am  not to love the world of anything in the world...

How will these beliefs change the way my life looks?

Some thoughts:
I will spend less time "doing" and more time listening to God.
I will pray with a fervent expectancy, excited about what God is up to, come rain or shine, happy or sad, easy days or trying ones.
I will place less emphasis on finding the perfect gift for people and more time in deep seeking prayer for them.
I will let go of the emphasis on where I live and how the house is decorated and focus on offering hospitality without grumbling and bringing people into our home.

In the Beth Moore Bible Study called Patriarchs, I was moved by a challenge and a prayer she wrote.

Challenge.  Can I say: "God directs me to sow seeds of active prayer, physical service, and giving in several ministries and service organizations that have nothing to do with me."

Prayer: "God, invade my dream life, my thoughts when I sleep, and every closet in my brain!  Put Your truth in the innermost places of my mind, even those I don't know exist.  God, fill me so completely with Your Holy Spirit that even my reactions and sudden impulses are godly!  I want to be like Peter when he saw Jesus on the shore and impulsively jumped in the water and swam to Him with all his might!"

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?