A Cutco Attitude for Christ


September 22-23
After three months of persistent phone calls, I agreed to let the Cutco Knife salesman come and sharpen my knives.  Actually 7 out of 9 needed to be mailed back to the factory for a sprucing up.  Yes, and even though it was no where in our budge, I felt sorry for the fellow and bought some knives.  What I didn't give into was his strong request to give him 15 names of friends he could call upon.  Instead, I gave him a Christian book called Ten Truths, Ten Lies and a Bible Boat notepad.  He told me he was going to call me back and convince me to give him some names.  I'll be watching for that one on caller ID.  :)
Two days later it hit me.  This guy is willing to hound people for names in which to sell knives and I don't have a tenth of his passion to go out and tell fifteen people a week (his goal is to meet 15-25 people a week) that Jesus loves them.  While on a beautiful fall walk, I shared this conviction with my husband.  We walked past the putting green at a near by country club where some woman were warming up.  I said, "I really should hop that fence and go tell those women how much Jesus loves them."  My husband said he thought that was a fine idea and he would stand right there in the road and watch me go!  :)

Picking up Epic I read through the Epilogue.
"First, things are not what they seem.  We must live as though the unseen world (the rest of reality) is more weighty and more real and more dangerous than the part of reality we can see.

Second, we are at war.  Just look around you.  Look at all the casualties strewn across the field.  The lost souls, the broken hearts, the captives.  We must take this battle seriously.  This is no child's game.  This is a war-a battle for the human heart."

Third,  you have a crucial role to play. It is a dangerous thing to underestimate your role in the story.

You will lose heart, and you will miss you cues.  This is our most desperate hour.  You are needed...
Jesus calls to you to be his intimate ally once more.  There are great things to be done and great sacrifices to be made.  You won't lose heart if you know what's really going on here, where this Story is headed, and what your Lover has promised you.
This is the gospel.
This is the Story we are living in.
May you play your part well."

Today is the first day of fall...if you haven't already FALL in love with Jesus today!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?

Marriage Matters #1