Circumstances

Blue Moon from Saturday night!
September 3
While taking a prayer walk, I was praying for the QB I've mentioned and right out of the blue the word circumstance came to me. I thought of the prefix cir and how the word circle has that beginning.  Quite often a QB feels he has a circle of players from both sides surrounding him.  The next part of the word cum  is pronounced come and he certainly has defenders coming  at him.  The last part of the word is stance and play after play a QB must be in the proper stance whether passing, running or handing off the ball.  
Searching for a verse about our faith being firmly planted in the Lord, I came across these two.
When I felt secure, I said, "I will never be shaken." O LORD, when you favored me, you made my mountain stand firm; but when you hid your face, I was dismayed. Psalm 30:6-7

My response is to get down on my knees before the Father, this magnificent Father who parcels out all heaven and earth. I ask him to strengthen you by his Spirit—not a brute strength but a glorious inner strength—that Christ will live in you as you open the door and invite him in. And I ask him that with both feet planted firmly on love, you'll be able to take in with all followers of Jesus the extravagant dimensions of Christ's love. Reach out and experience the breadth! Test its length! Plumb the depths! Rise to the heights! Live full lives, full in the fullness of God.  Ephesians 3:14-19

Those thoughts triggered a prayer for this young man to keep his faith firmly planted in the truth of God's Word and the faith Christ lived out. Whatever he is doing as a quarterback, a student, or God's created one, he can do it all to the glory of a God who loves him extravagantly.

Whatever you do, word at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters.  Colossians 3:23  

Coming inside from my walk, I sat down to read a couple devotionals and this paragraph was in the first one I read. (You will see why I get so excited over my time with the Lord and why I feel He speaks directly to us, when we take time to listen.)

"If our confidence is based on pleasant circumstances, then we become careless with Christ. Our life becomes nothing more than a roller coaster of reactive responses. If we feel good, we are secure. If we feel bad, we are insecure. If people like us, we are secure. If they do not like us, we are insecure. If we have money, we are secure. If we lack money, we are insecure. If we are healthy, we are secure. If we are unhealthy, we are insecure. If our job is certain, we are secure. If our job is uncertain, we are insecure. If our children are obedient, we are secure. If our children are disobedient, we are insecure. If things go our way, we are secure. If things don’t go our way, we are insecure. Needless to say, we eventually grow weary, and wither under the whiplash of insecure living." Boyd Bailey

One of our mentor's put it this way.  We do not stand on our faith, we stand on the faith of Christ.  Jesus is one with the Father and trusted His plan enough to go to the cross for us.

 

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?

Marriage Matters #1