An Attitude of Adventure


This is normally what the backside of our property looks like.  
We have a nice beach area and shallow swimming hole, which is perfect for little ones.
Never before have I seen the water so low. I was bemoaning the fact our grandchildren would be disappointed this weekend, when they saw their favorite spot all dried up.

I had it all wrong!  They saw it as an adventure and a great opportunity to romp in the mud.

When do our wonders turn to worries?
When do we lose sight of the adventure?

October 2 

Psalm 63:1-3 (When David was in the Desert of Judah)

You, God, are my God, earnestly I seek you; I thirst for you, my whole being longs for you,
in a dry and parched land where there is no water.
I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory.
Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you.

Father, today we pray:
You are our God and we sing your praises and give you glory!  We thirst and long for you in the times that our lives seem to have just dried up.  The days when the idea of hope seems hopeless, we remember the example of your beloved, David, and we cry out "Abba", satisfy my longing soul with your presence. As Dorothy, in the Wizard of Oz, repeated over and over again "There's no place like home."  We sing the refrain "Your love is better than life, Your love is better than life."  Then adjusting our attitudes we remind ourselves this earthly life is an adventure, a mere speak of time in terms of eternity, and we forge ahead wadding through the wonder of it all, with You by our side.  In Jesus' Name, Amen!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?