My New Paulian Friend Part 2


October 10

My one eyed wonder of a friend writes:
"Today I found out the results of the molecular testing.  We were praying I would have a Class I tumor because that type of tumor does not typically metastasize.  Class II has a high percentage of metastasis and 72-80% of the time it can happen in the first 5 years after diagnosis.  When it does metastasize it is typically to the liver.  Mine is a class II tumor."

Now, every 3 months for atleast 5 years she will have PET and CT scans.  If it goes to her liver, the quicker she catches it the better the prognosis in treating it.
On Caring Bridge she continues:
"Here are some other thoughts... does this really change anything?  We should ALL  live with the idea stated in Psalm 90:12, "Teach us to number our days that we may have a heart of wisdom." In light of this thought... How are we spending our time?.  Are we being wise in our decisions?  Are we indulgent, selfish, and irresponisble or are we grateful, purposeful, and giving?   None of us are granted tomorrow.  It makes me think how we don't need to sweat the small stuff, we need to be purposeful in relationships, live strong and not squander the present time.  We all take so much for granted.  Can we live without regret?  One way we can do that is to begin each day asking the Lord, "What do you have for me today?  How do I bring glory to you in my present circumstance?"  I will say this is easier said then done.  The "tyranny of the urgent" can get in the way of trying to live this way.  So I pray that God will help me live strong, not take things for granted, be giving, be purposeful and unselfish.  I won't do it perfectly but I will try to live better.
Another quick note... I have found that EVERYONE has some type of hardship or disappointment in their lives right now.  We live in a fallen world where Satan is the ruler.   We all know people with health issues, difficulty with kids (whether it's babies not sleeping or rebellious teens), marriage difficulties, divorce, financial issues, job issues, or simply things not turning out the way you had dreamed. How we deal with this says a lot about our character and our dependence on HIM.  I could write a book on this.  Who knows, maybe I will.   Thankfully this is not our home and we are just visitors here.  We have a hope because of Christ... a hope that gives us an opportunity to spend eternity praising our Lord and Savior.  We know the way this all ends... God wins!   I JN 4:4 says that, "He that is in me is greater than He that is in the world."  Whatever your "difficulty" ask  Him what do you want me to learn from this?  How can I bring glory to you through this?  How will this make me more like Christ?  Then request for God to give you the grace to suffer well."
She may only have one eye, but she sees much deeper than most people with perfect dual vision.  This is because she sees with her heart, her mind and her soul.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?