Philippians Focus #5


October 8
The last chapter of Philippians is loaded up better than a baked potato with all the fixins.  I encourage you to write each of these passages on index cards and stick them places in your house to come across on a rainy day.
These first ones could go in the kitchen on your "To Do" list.
1. Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again. Rejoice!  Philippians 4:4
2. Let your gentleness be evident to all.  Philippians 4:5
3. Do not be anxious about anything.   Philippians 4:6a
4. By prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. Philippians 4:6b

By adding these  ingredients into our lives we receive...the peace of God, which transcends all understanding.  The bonus is that will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. 
Philippians 4:7

Verse eight could be pasted across our televisions sets or computers:
...whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable-if anything is excellent or praise worthy-think about such things.  Philippians 4:8

And the real challenge from Paul is to be able to say ourselves:
...for I have LEARNED to be content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.  I can do everything through him who gives me strength.

Studying this wonderful book this past week, I've realized I am privileged to have some Paulian friends in my life. They make my life richer.  Tomorrow I will share with you about one.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?