You are Beautiful






October 15
 Attending an exciting high school football game Friday night, as the guest of the star quarterback, we arrived early to watch warmups. Not only the team was warming up, but also the band, the cheerleaders, the water boys and security guards!  With camera in  hand I was walking around taking pics of the process.  Turning around I noticed a high school girl sitting all alone in the front row of the stands sobbing. While waiting a few minutes to ponder the situation, I searched my wallet for a scripture card and found one from the Song of Solomon 4L7b.
Quietly approaching this young lady I said, "You are obviously very upset.  I have no clue what is going on in your life, but I do know that Jesus loves you more than you can even imagine and wants you to read the words on this card and feel his love.
You are beautiful from head to toe, my dear love, 
beautiful beyond compare, absolutely flawless.
As she read these words, a smile broke loose across her face and her tears dropped off her checks. The sobbing ceased as I gave her a hug and walked away.

The game was exciting. The funnel cakes covered in powdered sugar tempting.  Our quarterback friend impressive as he knelt to pray with his offense on the sidelines before taking the field the first time.  (A rare scene at a large public high school).  But what I can't get off my mind is the impact fifteen words from the Lord had on a young African American girl, when this crazy old white woman had the courage to follow her heart and simply speak of God's love.

Below is a picture of our quarterback and his favorite receiver after the game!  They are delightful young men!  Definitely different bodies types, but the same sweet spirit!  I was having so much fun with them, I almost made them miss the bus back to school!  Yikes!

The next pic is a new little buddy of mine, who boogied to the band the whole night!
Below, the quarterback giving the old people some love!

 A breath taking sunset, which reminds us God's love is all around!

Have a great week dear friends.  
Step into this October Monday knowing you are loved beyond our human comprehension! 

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?