Contagious Acts of Love

November 10 
The godtube video below is such a wonderful picture of 1 John 3:17-20

This is how we've come to understand and experience love: Christ sacrificed his life for us,  This is why we ought to live sacrificially for our fellow believers, and not just be out for ourselves.  If you see some brother or sister in need and have the means to do something about it but turn a cold shoulder and do nothing, what happens to God's love? It disappears.  And you made it disappear.
My dear children, let's not just talk about love; let's practice real love.  This is the only way we'll know we're living truly, living in God's reality.  It's also the way to shut down debilitating self-criticism, even when there is something to it.  For God is greater than our worried hearts and knows more about us than we  do ourselves.


http://www.godtube.com/watch/?v=WDZDD7NX&utm_source=GodTube%20Today&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=11/08/2012

 The video launched me into action last night. Driving with my compassionate husband to Kroger for a "big load" grocery run, he shared with me some excellent points Rush Limbaugh had made on his radio show yesterday afternoon.  One was on illegal immigration.  I am not going into details or using this devotional sight as a platform, but wanted to share what happened to us 3 minutes after this discussion.

We pulled into the Kroger gas pumps and he began filling us up, when up drove one of my very favorite illegal immigrants.  I leaned out the window and said to my husband, "Please don't say anything, but would you go over there and fill up that illegal immigrants car and tell her Boo loves her.?"  With a "where in the world did that come from" look, he did exactly what I asked.  God gave me such a good man and God is always up to good and working on our hearts!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?