The Same-LOL

Ole LOL
November 21
Before leaving for work, my knight in shining armor headed out the door at 5:45 AM to grab some
forgotten grocery items I needed to prepare the Thanksgiving meal.  We'd been up and at it since 4:45AM.  Moses, was sprawled out on the floor by the bed.  I said, "Why don't you take ole Lump of Lard with you in the car."  (Car and boat riding are his favorite past times.)  This was not to be the day for the ole fellow, but my husband said, "You've just given a whole new meaning to LOL."

LOL (Lump of Lard), you're so funny!
(People will have no idea you are calling them a name!)

Now that's not nice:  
Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers and sisters, this should not be.  
James 3:10

Thinking about the very same letters, holding totally different meanings led me to praise the Lord that:

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.
Hebrews 13:8  

Praise the Lord, Jesus is the real deal...
there are no substitutes for him and He is the only substitute for our sin. 

Grocery shopping, which I seem to have done a lot of this week, leads you to comparisons where  you wonder if products are the same.  My proposed making of a coconut flan, which required coconut cream, had the Kroger management on a treasure hunt!  There was coconut extract, coconut pudding and coconut milk, but I knew in my heart those were no substitutes for the coconut cream ingredient!  :)  Giving up, I decided to switch to a different recipe. A new assistant manager came running up to me in the check out!  "I found it!" she said.  Obviously, none of the seekers were pina colada drinkers or we would have found it sooner on the drink aisle!  I made a new friend through the adventure though and need to let her taste my delicious coconut flan!  Coconut cream is not the same as coconut milk!

When a word of phrase gets in my brain I take it to the Word.  This morning I had a delightful time of meditating on 271 the same related verses!  I want to leave you with three which I found most encouraging.

God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help them.  We want each of you to show the same diligence to the very end, so that what you hope for my be fully realized.  We do not want you to become lazy, but to imitate those who through faith and patience inherit what has been promised.  Hebrews 6:10-12

I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people, and his incomparably great power for us who believe.  That power is the same as the mighty strength he exerted when he raised Christ from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms.   Ephesians 1:18-20

For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through the endurance taught in the Scriptures and the encouragement they provide we might have hope.  May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you the same attitude of mind toward each other that Christ Jesus had, so that with one mind and one voice you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus
Christ.   Romans 15:4-6

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?