One in a Million-Abundant Life

Catching a good photo is a lesson in obedience.  
If you don't go while the getting is good you can miss a shot like this December sunrise.
Jumping into my bathrobe and slippers I headed outside and enjoyed the beauty of a new day.

December 3
The premise of this study by Priscilla Shirer has been: If only one, in a million people, is actually going to have a personal encounter with the living God, I want to position my life to be that one. HA, the best position for God encounters could be flat on your face...or in front of a burning bush.  :)
Shirer writes: "You can't do what you've always done and expect different results."
Chapter Five focuses on John 10:10
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy;
I come that they may have life, and have it abundantly.


Can you pinpoint what is stealing, killing or destroying your joy right now?
It is not God's plan.

The Israelites were missing the abundance of the promised land, because of their rebellion, disobedience and unbelief.   It was so close, yet so far away.  Moses' lack of TOTAL obedience kept him from setting foot in Canaan.  (Yikes, pondering that one leaves me discouraged.) The Israelites mourned the loss of Moses, but  Joshua stepped up in obedience and took the lead.

Deuteronomy 1:6 has captivated my attention. 
The Lord our God spoke to us at Horeb, saying
"You have stayed long enough at this mountain. 
Turn and set your journey, and go to the hill country of the Amorites..."

When we are in our wilderness of waiting we should strive be so in tune with God that when our time of exodus arrives we hear Him proclaim the "action" words:
"Turn, set your journey and go to_____ now!"  
We have dear friends who have been trying to sell a home and a condo for some time now.  The wait has become wearisome, but they have made preparations to "move out" the moment God says "Go!"
Honestly, my level of expectancy for deliverance might have diminished after 40 years, but the recorded experience in the Bible is an encouragement to those who have waited for a promised land experience in their marriages, careers, or what they see as meaningless lives.  If we ask ourselves..."Could I have missed the command to "Turn, set my journey, and go immediately where God directed?" the answer most likely for us all is we have had our lackadaisical moments and missed the call.

One day last week, while vacuuming,  the Lord put a young lady on my heart whom I had mentored in the past. She lives way across the country, but I was to call her and tell her to go to church Sunday.  I would have had to stop vacuuming downstairs, go find my cell or computer upstairs and send her the message.  At this point, I had no clue if she even was going to a church.  I kept vacuuming.  Again and again the thought came to me. Finally, I obeyed. She was very appreciative I took the time to share and said she was looking for some answers in her life.  Although she didn't have a church, she knew God definitely wanted that in her life and maybe in a church she would hear from Him.
What we think might not be of eternal value, could be of enormous value in someone else's life.  More times than not, when God has someone on my heart there is a reason and I am thankful when I have followed His lead.

At this time in the Israelites journey, they were going to have to follow a new leader.  Transition can be tough, especially at Christmas time. Maybe traditions are going to be different for you this year because of the loss  of someone special in your life or a physical move.  There is one steadfast characteristic in the season....His name is Jesus and his promises for us are better than milk and honey. Go for the abundant life!  Follow Jesus.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?