Where Does this Go?



December 7
I made reference to how long it has taken me to decorate this year.  Part of this issue comes from some paint pallet changes we've made and also the fact last spring when we were hoping the house would sell, I got rid of an enormous amount of holiday decorations.

In my wilderness moments week before last, I fell into a spending sin of mine and opened TJMaxx and Target charges.   While the house looks sparkly and our grandchildren will love the battery operated train I splurged on, it was not a wise move on my part.  Also, it didn't make the wilderness disappear!


For days I stood around in the decorating process thinking...."Where should this go?"
  What I really needed to be evaluating was: Where had I put Jesus!
He was not in the forefront of my mind and an attitude of worshiping our King had gone out the window.  Ok, maybe it had gone into the Christmas closet.
It was time for a Boojoyful about face!  When that happens I end up on my face, calling out to the Lord.

No matter what is ahead, no matter what package or person doesn't make it under the tree, or who does show up and hurl out inconsiderate words of hurt and stirs up holiday conflict,  we know our Savior lives and we know the depth of our Savior's love.  Nothing can steal that away...so go tell it on the mountain!  Never forget the place of Christ in our lives...he goes in our hearts and thus we know where we are going!  :)

As Jesus was getting into the boat, the demon-delivered man begged to go along, but he wouldn't let him.  Jesus said, "Go home to your own people.  Tell them your story-what the Master did, how he had mercy on you."   Mark 5:18-19

A psalm of David. I will give thanks to you, Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of  your wonderful deeds.
Psalm 9:1

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?